Tele2’s Executive Trainee programme is a career expressway – but only for the best and the brightest. Meet one of the 2015/2016 trainees, Emmy-Lou Ferreira Dos Santos.
Interests: Music, horse-riding, skiing, festivities, travel far, tennis, concerts
Fun experience: Won the junior fishing district championship in France 97
Typically in my bag: Headphones, tennis racket, passport, Foo-Fighter t-shirt, perfume, party-earings, candy, interior design magazine, Apple
Why did you apply for a position at Tele2?
– I was looking for a company that felt truly genuine – and one with as few limitations as possible. Tele2 seemed to check these two boxes. On the assessment day I realized it ticked a couple more. People were professional yet humble. The atmosphere felt dynamic and open. Additionally, Kinnevik and Tele2 have a strong trainee-culture that really appealed to me…Many of the trainees are still in the group after many years.
What did you do before?
– I grew up in France, Sweden and England where I took my bachelor’s degree. Thereafter I worked for two years in Stockholm before pursuing a Master’s degree in Technology Management at Lund’s University with an exchange term at Zhejiang University in China.
Describe a typical day at Tele2
– “Typical” does not really apply to Tele2 – which is what I probably appreciate the most! The common thread is not knowing what the day will bring. This forces you to be on your “toes” and ready to take action at all times.
What challenges are you facing in your day-to-day work?
– Learning to prioritize effectively. As a trainee you are given a wide range of tasks and a lot of responsibility from day one (quite a contrast from studying). Staying on top of my calendar and Outlook was a challenge at first, structure is useful!
How would you say that the contents of your bag reflect you?
– In Swedish they would say “livsnjutare” – I guess the content of my bag shows that I know how to enjoy life!
If you had to throw away one item, which would it be?
– My bus card as I really need to get my driving license!
What was the biggest surprise when you started at Tele2?
– That the Tele2 values are not just wallpaper, they truly oxygenize the organization. To be honest I didn’t really believe this was possible before I started here. Moreover, people are extremely humble and helpful. So if there is something you don’t know (happens a lot as a trainee), people are more than happy to help you!
What is your best career advice for students who are about to start their careers?
– Dare to ask challenging questions and don’t settle for plan B.
In one word, what is your biggest strength?
What is your favourite website or app?
– Snapchat – The best excuse to take selfies.
Do you feel that you have what it takes? Click here to apply